With Christine & our grandchildren
At the CCM Safe & Secure Living Fair, May 2014
At the last concrete pour on the Kiwanis Tower, Jun. 2014
Opening the Railway Greenway with Council, Jul. 2014
At the farewell celebration of the Minoru Sports Pavilion, Jul. 2014
Aboard the dredger in Steveston with Federal Minister Findlay, Jan. 2014
Cutting the ribbon at the Remy, Feb. 2014
Greeting Rick Hansen at the planat.com roll-out, 2013
Dropping the puck with Pat Quinn between Guy LaFleur and Orland Kurtenbach, 2013
Addressing the media when opening the City Centre Community Policing Station, 2012
Baking bread in a natural oven at Terra Nova, 2012
With Rick Hansen and John Furlong during Rick Hansen’s Anniversary Relay, 2012
Starting the National Wheelchair basketball tournament, 2012
Official send-off for our London-bound Olympic athletes, 2012
Conducting the band at the Greater Vancouver Taiwanese Lunar New Year event, 2012
Welcome to My Website
Thank You for Re-Electing Mayor Malcolm Brodie
- For leadership, vision and experience
- For a safe, liveable, healthy, prosperous and sustainable city
- For an enhanced environment featuring parks and recreational areas
- For sound, sustainable financial management
- For balanced, managed growth
Richmond is Growing…
Recent census data confirmed that Richmond has grown significantly in the last decade. Our population is expanding, particularly in the City Centre. With a strong business sector, our family-oriented city boasts a population that is relatively healthy, well-educated and diverse. Through sound planning, our financial base is solid and our tax rates comparatively reasonable.
Yet Richmond faces many challenges, including:
- How do we support future growth with adequate infrastructure including transportation and recreation?
- How do we keep the City Centre liveable with facilities and recreational space?
- How do we ensure that we improve our environment especially as Richmond continues to grow?
- How do we further strengthen our business sector and provide many more jobs?
- How do we provide better linkages with the Asia-Pacific region to be a destination for business and tourism?
- How can we better work with our partners, whether in the community or other levels of government to support our goals?
- How do we celebrate and empower our many volunteers as they improve our quality of life?
- How can we provide a safe, diverse and sustainable community particularly for a population that is aging?
These and many other issues will be addressed in the 2014-2018 City Council term. I am always pleased to hear your views on matters of civic interest. You can easily contact me at Richmond City Hall or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I invite you to connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube.