Keeping Richmond a Safe, Liveable, Affordable & Sustainable City
My commitments include:
- Work with other levels of government and our many partners to keep Richmond liveable, healthy and affordable for our residents and businesses.
- Expand housing choices that are affordable for people of all ages, from youth to seniors.
- Celebrate and enhance our cultural and economic diversity.
- Retain our agricultural base with lands in the Agricultural Land Reserve.
- Focus on improving the environment within the City to address climate change and greenhouse gas issues.
- Keep Richmond safe for our residents and businesses alike.
- Expand and enhance our many public recreational areas, parks and facilities.
- Support the business sector as it grows locally and internationally. Encourage more international trade and cultural relations.
- Balance growth in emerging areas, making them sustainable with a full range of public amenities.
- Support and encourage our volunteers. Let them know the value of their tremendous contribution to all in our City.
- Provide cost-effective City services through sound financial planning and technology – and continue to keep Richmond’s taxes low.
- Strongly regulate the production and sale of cannabis in our City.